Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Bonus Blog I

   I have tried to entertain you my reader with a look back at historical sporting events many of which made national sports headlines. Today I ask you my reader to tell me about a historical sporting event that you attended and what was it like.
   Before you get a chance to ask me, I will tell you of my most historical game. I shall take you back to July 11, 1989 and Baseballs' mid summer classic, the All-Star Game. My Dad and one of his friends had purchased season tickets just so they could get good seats to the game. When something else came up out of town, I graciously offered Dad the opportuntiy to pass his ticket to me. He reluctantly took my money and gave me the ticket. I arrived at the stadium just as the pre game entertainment was clearing the field. I quickly noticed the ushers were all dressed in tuxs. As the bottom of the first inning rolled around, I began to remark to my Dads friend "This is great cheering for people we normally would not cheer for". I continued on "Come on Bo hit a....whoa Thats Gone!!" Before I could let out a cheer for Kansas City Royals outfielder and American League leadoff hitter Bo Jackson, he had hit a line drive 440 feet that quickly left the park. The drive, which I think was on the first pitch to him had no hang time, a moment on the bat, the next one on an embankment well over the centerfield fence. Jackson would homer again his second time up and go on to win the games MVP trophy. It was a most enjoyable experience, Thanks Bo, Thanks Dad and Thanks Gene, rest in peace. 
   It is now your turn, lets hear your story. Come on dont be shy:)

No comments:

Post a Comment